No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes
      TRAILER 1:00

Unfriended: Dark Web

2018, Horror/Mystery & thriller, 1h 28m

121 Reviews 1,000+ Ratings

What to know

Critics Consensus

Unfriended: Dark Web is more interested in chills than an exploration of its timely themes, but horror fans should still find this sequel to be steadily, undeniably effective. Read critic reviews

You might also like

See More
      The Black Phone
      Unfriended
      Ma
      The Invisible Man
      The Gallows

Where to watch Unfriended: Dark Web

Rent/buy Rent/buy Rent/buy

Rent Unfriended: Dark Web on Apple TV, Vudu, Prime Video, or buy it on Apple TV, Vudu, Prime Video.

Rate And Review

User image

Verified

• User image

Super Reviewer

Rate this movie

Oof, that was Rotten.

Meh, it passed the time.

It’s good – I’d recommend it.

Awesome!

So Fresh: Absolute Must See!

What did you think of the movie? (optional)

• You're almost there! Just confirm how you got your ticket.

• User image

Super Reviewer

Step 2 of 2

How did you buy your ticket?

Let's get your review verified.

• Fandango

• AMCTheatres.com or AMC AppNew

• Cinemark Coming Soon

We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future.

• Regal Coming Soon

We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future.

• Theater box office or somewhere else

You're almost there! Just confirm how you got your ticket.

• User image

Super Reviewer

Rate this movie

Oof, that was Rotten.

Meh, it passed the time.

It’s good – I’d recommend it.

Awesome!

So Fresh: Absolute Must See!

What did you think of the movie? (optional)

• How did you buy your ticket?

• Fandango

• AMCTheatres.com or AMC AppNew

• Cinemark Coming Soon

• Regal Coming Soon

• Theater box office or somewhere else

Unfriended: Dark Web  Photos

Unfriended: Dark Web (2018) Unfriended: Dark Web (2018) Unfriended: Dark Web (2018) Unfriended: Dark Web (2018) Unfriended: Dark Web (2018)

Movie Info

After finding a laptop, a young man goes online to play a game with five of his good friends. He shows them a mysterious folder that plays disturbing videos of people who appear to be in danger. They then receive an anonymous message that tells them they will all die if they disconnect or call the police. The planned night of fun quickly turns deadly as each user becomes the target of something sinister while the others watch helplessly in terror.

• Rating: R (Sexual References|Language|Some Disturbing Violence)

• Genre: Horror, Mystery & thriller

• Original Language: English

• Director: Stephen Susco

• Producer: Jason Blum, Timur Bekmambetov

• Writer: Stephen Susco

• Release Date (Theaters):  wide

• Release Date (Streaming):

• Box Office (Gross USA): $8.8M

• Runtime:

• Distributor: BH Tilt

• Production Co: Bazelevs Production, Blumhouse Productions

Cast & Crew

News & Interviews for Unfriended: Dark Web

Critic Reviews for Unfriended: Dark Web

Audience Reviews for Unfriended: Dark Web

• Jun 18, 2020

Super solid all around!

Super Reviewer
      • Mar 05, 2019

This is one of the most well-made movies that I really didn't like. To be honest, I kind of hated it, even though from a technical perspective it's hitting so many of the right marks. It uses the format of the first Unfriended in a much better way, expanding on the formula and pushing it to its limits. A lot of my annoyances from the first like the weird glitching and computer bugs are actually given story reasons that add to the creepiness. The movie also flows really quickly, and it's relentless in it's tension and sense of paranoia and discomfort. I am a little curious about this directors next work, because he has crafter a pretty brilliant techno-thriller here. But here's the problem, and it is a HUGE problem: to what end? The movie made me sad, cold, hopeless, and afraid. That was it's point, but why? It sort of feels like an old person screaming about how scary the internet is but with the technical competence to do so, but with no real thesis beyond "be afraid!". I guess as someone who grew up in the early days of a less regulated internet, with vague connections to darknet material, I know the true stories, so it all just felt a little too real to me. In a way it hits this uncanny valley between a true crime serial and an episode of Criminal Minds; not real enough to be educational, not fake enough to be entertaining, so in the end, it's just cold and unpleasant. It's a shame because it's so well constructed and the actors are all clearly giving it their all, but the end result is such a miserable piece of work that left me empty.

michael m Super Reviewer
      • Jan 23, 2019

Something that I've noticed recently in horror franchises that have tried to get off the ground in the past couple of years, the second entry is actually better than the first. In ages past, a thing unheard of, but now at least as common as not. Same goes for Unfriended: Dark Web. Just about everything is one step up from the first Unfriended movie: Acting, AV, urgency, the shorter wait times, and the new direction Dark Web takes in terms of its antogonists (I won't spoil it for you, but surely you're capable of reading a title and putting it together for yourself) works better in this one too. I feel at least. Now neither of these films are perfect, but the first Unfriended movie was okaaaaaaaaay, and this one has managed to push it by the skin of it's teeth over in to what I could honestly argue is "good".

Super Reviewer
      • Dec 10, 2018

I have no idea how much of what goes down in this movie is based in reality, but even if it has only a shred of truth to it this more than scared the shit out of me. #Shook

philip p Super Reviewer

Movie & TV guides