Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Transporter 2

PG-13 Released Sep 2, 2005 1 hr. 28 min. Action Mystery & Thriller TRAILER for Transporter 2: Trailer 1 List
      52% 122 Reviews Tomatometer 58% 250,000+ Ratings Audience Score Mercenary Frank Martin (Jason Statham) has accepted a job that seems easy enough, as chauffeur and bodyguard to young Jack (Hunter Clary), son of crusading politician Jefferson Billings (Matthew Modine). The problem is that Billings is crusading against an international drug cartel. They retaliate by kidnapping Jack and infecting him with a deadly and highly contagious virus. Responsible for the boy, Frank must reclaim him and then find an antidote before scores of innocents are stricken. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Nov 01 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Transporter 2

Fandango at Home Prime Video Apple TV

Rent Transporter 2 on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

Transporter 2

What to Know

Critics Consensus

A stylish and more focused sequel to The Transporter, the movie is over-the-top fun for fans of the first movie.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (1000+) audience reviews
      Cody W If it were up to me, I would pretty much enjoy this ride. It's the action sequences and the car chases that make TRANSPORTER 2 a feel good movie for every action movie fan out there. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 04/16/24 Full Review Audience Member It is bonkers and he is amazing Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 02/17/24 Full Review Diana M The ex-British Special Forces officer turn professional Transporter, Frank Martin has relocated from France to Miami, Florida, and he has taken on what just maybe his toughest job ever... driving wealthy 6 year old Jack Billings to and from his elementary school. Well this was supposed to be just another job, a simple favor to a friend. Then Frank unexpectedly becomes close to Jack and very protective of him. "Look at me. I promise I'll never let anyone hurt you a lot" - Frank But when Jack is kidnapped on Frank's watch, he becomes the suspect. Now on the run from the law and chasing after these kidnappers, Frank discovers this is more than what it seems, and their real plan is to release a deadly virus, a virus that only they have the antidote. I like this second Transporter movie. The villains are a bit over the top, but I expect that from Luc Besson, Its a "French Thing" But Jason Startham is totally awesome as the super cool and stylish Transporter...... And just like Frank's his new tricked-out Audi A8 car, this movie is just a fun action-packed ride. Cast - Jason Statham, François Berléand, Alessandro Gassmann, Amber Valletta, Kate Nauta, Matthew Modine, Jason Flemyng Rated 4 out of 5 stars 09/15/23 Full Review Scott F The hit woman works in her panties. That's all I got. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 09/06/23 Full Review Audience Member Over 15 years old this manages to be a way more fun installment of the franchise. Frank Martin the infamous Transporter is back. This time he drives around for a wealthy divorced couple with a son. But he’s about to be part of a drug cartel scheme who plans to infect all the politicians controlling the various governments in charge. The son is kidnapped and Frank must not only save him but bring down the people whom are the source of the deadly bio weapon. A fast pace, slicker action scenes, and kickass fights make this a step up from the original. I’m glad that first movie made enough money in dvd sales and brought Jason Statham back. This one had better action despite all the green screen effects and the shorter running time. Yes there’s a lot of stupidity throughout but it delivers on the high-octane thrills giving Statham a more balanced edge. True it might be forgettable but if it’s dumb thrills you want from this character then director Louis Leterrier does just that. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 09/03/23 Full Review Mark C I liked the first one, but this one challenged me. Realism is always tested with these sorts of films, but this sequel went way too far with impossible car flips, a plane crash that didn't kill everyone onboard and bullet dodging which made no sense at all. Fight scenes where all the bad guys conveniently run out of ammo is just lazy writing Rated 1.5 out of 5 stars 09/01/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Critics Reviews

View All (122) Critics Reviews
      Stephanie Zacharek Salon.com "Transporter 2" is cheap, shiny, indefensible junk, a Hot Wheels hot rod encased in a glossy plastic blister pack. But come on -- you know you want it. Oct 7, 2006 Full Review Empire Magazine Rated: 3/5 Apr 1, 2006 Full Review Sydney Morning Herald Better than the original. Rated: 3.5/5 Jan 17, 2006 Full Review Micheal Compton Bowling Green Daily News "The Transporter 2" is an absolutely absurd, silly and rather illogical action film. It also proves to be quite entertaining. Nov 19, 2019 Full Review Jeffrey Lyles Lyles' Movie Files Just like its predecessor, this isn't an action film meant to be taken seriously. All you'll need to do is sit back, embrace the absurd craziness and enjoy the ride. Rated: 8.5/10 Sep 3, 2015 Full Review Felix Vasquez Jr. Cinema Crazed Is a lot of fun, and I enjoyed it in all its ludicrous devices, and idiocy... Apr 25, 2010 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis Mercenary Frank Martin (Jason Statham) has accepted a job that seems easy enough, as chauffeur and bodyguard to young Jack (Hunter Clary), son of crusading politician Jefferson Billings (Matthew Modine). The problem is that Billings is crusading against an international drug cartel. They retaliate by kidnapping Jack and infecting him with a deadly and highly contagious virus. Responsible for the boy, Frank must reclaim him and then find an antidote before scores of innocents are stricken.
      Director
      Louis Leterrier
      Screenwriter
      Luc Besson, Robert Mark Kamen
      Distributor
      20th Century Fox
      Production Co
      EuropaCorp
      Rating
      PG-13 (Partial Nudity|Brief Language|Sequences of Violent Action|Sexual Content)
      Genre
      Action, Mystery & Thriller
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Theaters)
      Sep 2, 2005, Wide
      Release Date (Streaming)
      Nov 16, 2014
      Box Office (Gross USA)
      $43.1M
      Sound Mix
      Dolby SRD, DTS, Surround