Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Flight of the Butterflies

Released Oct 1, 2012 44 min. Adventure List
      100% 9 Reviews Tomatometer 84% 500+ Ratings Audience Score Scientist Fred Urquhart (Gordon Pinsent) studies migration of the monarch butterfly for 40 years. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Nov 28 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Flight of the Butterflies

Fandango at Home Prime Video Apple TV

Rent Flight of the Butterflies on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

Audience Reviews

View All (18) audience reviews
      Audience Member It was horrible we reported on it in school it sucked Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 02/01/23 Full Review Audience Member What a wonderful, unbelievable story. A Must See for everybody. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/28/23 Full Review Audience Member A wonderful documentary that is harmed by its short length. We learn about Fred Urquhart and his attempts to unravel the mystery around his favourite scientific focus. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 02/07/23 Full Review Audience Member 9/2/16 Netflix Simple awesome, gorgeous, fascinating and educational. Wish I had seen it in IMAX. makes me want to do two things, plant milkweed in my backyard and find a place in Texas or Mexico where I can witness this phenomenon in person. What an incredible, moving and beautiful work. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/12/23 Full Review Audience Member It was bad and it made me cry Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 01/18/23 Full Review Audience Member There aren't any god movies out. Go see this. It's a beautiful science lesson. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 01/28/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

10% 81% Chander Pahar 57% 54% The Pirates 91% 65% Belle and Sebastian 67% 63% Snowmen 67% 80% Spread Your Wings Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

This movie is featured in the following articles.

Critics Reviews

View All (9) Critics Reviews
      Kim Ode Minneapolis Star Tribune You'll leave better informed about monarchs and environmental concerns, but also a little awed by the twists and turns and darn good luck behind a lot of scientific advancements. Rated: 3/4 Oct 2, 2014 Full Review Radheyan Simonpillai NOW Toronto The filmmakers turn classroom material into a dense procedural. Meanwhile, they capture phenomenal footage of the monarch in its various stages, from egg to chrysalis to the butterfly that hates winter as much as I do. Rated: 4/5 Apr 18, 2013 Full Review Marco Chown Oved Toronto Star It's a story that begins and ends in Toronto and returns every year - and it's never been so spectacularly and passionately retold until now. Rated: 4/4 Apr 12, 2013 Full Review Renee Schonfeld Common Sense Media Gentle docu celebrates miracle of butterfly migration. Rated: 4/5 Jul 26, 2016 Full Review Jim Schembri 3AW At the preview...the 3D effect had scores of kids reaching out to touch the butterflies. It was as gorgeous a sight to behold as anything on the giant Imax screen. Rated: 3/5 Apr 12, 2013 Full Review Rex Roberts Film Journal International Short, easy-to-like and informative movie is refreshingly upbeat, as bright as its subject, and at just under 45 minutes, a perfect entertainment for restless youngsters. Jan 3, 2013 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis Scientist Fred Urquhart (Gordon Pinsent) studies migration of the monarch butterfly for 40 years.
      Director
      Mike Slee
      Distributor
      SK Films
      Production Co
      SK Films
      Genre
      Adventure
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Theaters)
      Oct 1, 2012, Limited