Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

I Am Heath Ledger

2017 1 hr. 30 min. Documentary TRAILER for I Am Heath Ledger: Trailer 1 List
      86% 29 Reviews Tomatometer 84% 500+ Ratings Audience Score The life and art of iconic actor Heath Ledger. Read More Read Less

Where to Watch

I Am Heath Ledger

Prime Video Apple TV

Rent I Am Heath Ledger on Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy it on Prime Video, Apple TV.

I Am Heath Ledger

What to Know

Critics Consensus

I Am Heath Ledger takes a poignant, absorbing look at the private life and process of a talented star doomed to meet a tragic end.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (19) audience reviews
      Manny P I grew up with Frank Gorshin and Adam West playing the Batman characters, camp as a row of tents. Then Heath arrived and played one of the intrinsic characters to the point it will never be bettered. An astonishing portrayal and a very sad demise. This though, is self indulgent nonsense. Rated 1.5 out of 5 stars 03/28/22 Full Review Audience Member Such a beautiful soul taken way too soon. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 04/05/19 Full Review toby h Brilliant look back on a brilliant actor. His performance as The Joker is still one of my favourite performances by any actor. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 03/31/23 Full Review Audience Member Very well done. Focuses on his life and not so much his death as most of these documentaries do. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 01/20/23 Full Review Audience Member Great documentary about a great actor. I always looked forward to his movies, and I do miss his presence. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 02/14/23 Full Review Audience Member Insightful, poignant and deeply touching, I Am Heath Ledger may only be one of many biopics out there at present, but if you ever wanted to know about the late actor behind the scenes, it's essential viewing. Ledger was one of the towering talents of his generation. His films affected millions and his charming, generous personality left an indelible mark on those who were closest to him, and this very much comes out in the film. Many clips and videos and photos shot by Heath himself are featured, and as random as they may be they provide a beautiful insight into the mind of the man himself. He had an insatiable lust for life and thirst for exploration. He approached everything so radically, forsaking convention and expectations and doing everything his own way. He was a true artist at heart, and the opinions of those who are interviewed attest to this. His childhood is mostly rushed over, but when you consider how incredible and dense his career was in such a short space of time, it makes sense to give it the most attention. As of writing this, Ledger has been gone for nearly 10 years, but what he achieved in his relatively short time on Earth is astounding. Heath captured the essence of life; this documentary captures the essence of him. A must-see for even his most casual fans. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 02/26/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

100% 84% King Cohen: The Wild World of Filmmaker Larry Cohen TRAILER for King Cohen: The Wild World of Filmmaker Larry Cohen 89% 55% What She Said: The Art of Pauline Kael 100% % Being a Human Person 60% 71% House of Z 100% 90% Inmate #1: The Rise of Danny Trejo TRAILER for Inmate #1: The Rise of Danny Trejo Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

This movie is featured in the following articles.

Critics Reviews

View All (29) Critics Reviews
      Angie Han Mashable Directors Adrian Buitenhuis and Derik Murray cover all the usual bases... But the film is never more interesting, or more poignant, than when Ledger turns the camera on himself. May 30, 2017 Full Review Jason Newman RogerEbert.com I Am Heath Ledger transcends box-checking filmography and gushing tributes, looking past Ledger The Movie Star to focus on the young man who dedicated his life to pursuing -- and helping others pursue -- a wide variety of creative endeavors. May 18, 2017 Full Review Shirley Li Entertainment Weekly It paints an affecting, impressionistic portrait of the actor's singular vision and devotion to his work. Rated: B+ May 17, 2017 Full Review Sara Clements Enthuse With emotions just as raw, this is a story that fans needed. It celebrates an artist whose star power will always burn bright, and whose artistic nature set him apart. Jul 29, 2019 Full Review Asia Frey Lagniappe (Mobile, AL) The emotional but pointless documentary "I Am Heath Ledger" is really more of a tribute than a documentary, shedding literally no new light on the death of the extremely talented young actor. Aug 23, 2018 Full Review Estelle Tang Cosmopolitan Watching this tender narrative, it's hard not to imagine all the wondrous things he could have made. Mar 8, 2018 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis The life and art of iconic actor Heath Ledger.
      Director
      Derik Murray, Adrian Buitenhuls
      Executive Producer
      Matt Amato, Tim Gamble, Paul Gertz, Kevin Kay, Steve Kotlowitz, Derik Murray, Robert Pirooz, Peter Scarth, Jon Slusser, Kent Wingerak, Greg Zeschuk, Jaime Kosanke, Sandra Lim
      Screenwriter
      Hart Snider
      Production Co
      Network Entertainment
      Genre
      Documentary
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Streaming)
      May 25, 2017
      Most Popular at Home Now