Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

47 Meters Down

PG-13 Released Jun 16, 2017 1 hr. 29 min. Mystery & Thriller Horror Adventure TRAILER for 47 Meters Down: Trailer 2 List
      53% 158 Reviews Tomatometer 35% 10,000+ Ratings Audience Score Young sisters Kate and Lisa and travel to Mexico for a vacation filled with sun, fun and adventure. Lisa needs some extra persuasion when Kate suggests that they go diving in shark-infested waters. Safe in their protective cage, the thrill-seeking siblings come face to face with a group of majestic great whites. Their worst fears soon become a reality when the cage breaks away from their boat, sending them plummeting to the ocean floor with a dwindling supply of oxygen. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Aug 15 Buy Now

Where to Watch

47 Meters Down

Fandango at Home Prime Video Apple TV

Rent 47 Meters Down on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

47 Meters Down

What to Know

Critics Consensus

47 Meters Down doesn't take its terrifying premise quite as far as it should, but its toothy antagonists still offer a few thrills for less demanding genre enthusiasts.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (867) audience reviews
      Alec B Even at 90 minutes, it feels too long (backstory is overrated) and it never really evolves past jump scares. Rated 2.5 out of 5 stars 01/03/24 Full Review Jim C BRO this film was just stupid decision after stupid decision like NO WONDER that all happened you were so stupid oh my god Rated 1.5 out of 5 stars 12/11/23 Full Review Nina E I always finish a movie that I start no matter how bad it is. Maybe I came in with high expectations as folks were saying that this movie was better than Fall in the comments section for Fall; I liked Fall. Mandy Moore is an awesome singer but her screaming is like listening to a dog being dragged by a truck and all she does is scream 😵‍💫 the whole movie. Maybe I've seen too many survival movies and they are all just becoming to be formulaic for me. I dunno. I'd still recommend it as a good thriller. Rated 2.5 out of 5 stars 10/03/23 Full Review Devorah H ....the wnding was the nly good part. The rest was kind of slow 🐌 and needed more action. Rated 2 out of 5 stars 09/27/23 Full Review James B I debated between giving this movie 2.5 and 3 stars. I eventually settled on 2.5. For the most part this movie was good. I think the last half hour of the movie was kind of disjointed though. I wasn't sure if any of the two attempted rescues were hallucinations or not. Maybe that's the point, but I really dislike movies that don't have a very clear ending. This was just kind of ok for me based on the so-so ending. Rated 2.5 out of 5 stars 09/04/23 Full Review Dylan R A bite and a hard miss. I don't understand this film at all but it still scares Rated 2.5 out of 5 stars 08/04/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Critics Reviews

View All (158) Critics Reviews
      Frank Scheck Hollywood Reporter But on its own B-movie terms 47 Meters Down works just fine, not wearing out its welcome thanks to its quick set-up, rapid pacing and brief running time. Dec 27, 2017 Full Review Stephen Romei The Australian It's not a great film but, once the preliminary scenes on terra firma are over and we descend to a place we don't belong, it delivers an hour or so of sustained physical and psychological terror. Rated: 3/5 Sep 1, 2017 Full Review Tara Brady Irish Times British director Johannes Roberts makes decent use of the murk (the film was largely shot in a tank in London) and the sisterhood theme gives the film a broader appeal than, say, The Shallows. Rated: 3/5 Aug 15, 2017 Full Review Cris Kennedy The Canberra Times (Australia) The four leads are fine. This feels like a collective of Hollywood kids who got a lucky break on Bring Your Daughter to Work Day. Rated: 3/5 Aug 12, 2022 Full Review Meredith Jill Brown Dread Central The film moves at a steady, scary pace with plenty of "uh-oh" moments to keep you on your toes. Rated: 3/5 Aug 24, 2021 Full Review Robin Holabird Robin Holabird Sure enough, chains break, and the result leads to the kind of tense and bloody moments Shark Week fans adore. Aug 10, 2021 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis Young sisters Kate and Lisa and travel to Mexico for a vacation filled with sun, fun and adventure. Lisa needs some extra persuasion when Kate suggests that they go diving in shark-infested waters. Safe in their protective cage, the thrill-seeking siblings come face to face with a group of majestic great whites. Their worst fears soon become a reality when the cage breaks away from their boat, sending them plummeting to the ocean floor with a dwindling supply of oxygen.
      Director
      Johannes Roberts
      Executive Producer
      Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein, Wayne Marc Godfrey, Robert Jones, Will Clarke, Andy Mayson, Mike Runagall, Iain Abrahams, Simon Lewis, Christophe Lannic
      Screenwriter
      Johannes Roberts, Ernest Riera
      Distributor
      Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures
      Production Co
      Altitude Film Sales, Tea Shop & Film Company, The Fyzz Facility, Dimension Films, Dragon Root
      Rating
      PG-13 (Brief Strong Language|Bloody Images|Sequences of Intense Peril)
      Genre
      Mystery & Thriller, Horror, Adventure
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Theaters)
      Jun 16, 2017, Wide
      Release Date (Streaming)
      Sep 12, 2017
      Box Office (Gross USA)
      $44.3M
      Aspect Ratio
      Scope (2.35:1)