Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

I Am Not a Serial Killer

2016 1 hr. 44 min. Mystery & Thriller TRAILER for I am Not a Serial Killer: Trailer 1 List
      93% 57 Reviews Tomatometer 61% 2,500+ Ratings Audience Score A troubled teen with homicidal tendencies has to hunt down and destroy a supernatural killer while suppressing his own inner demons. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Mar 22 Buy Now

Where to Watch

I Am Not a Serial Killer

Fandango at Home Prime Video Apple TV

Rent I Am Not a Serial Killer on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

I Am Not a Serial Killer

What to Know

Critics Consensus

I Am Not A Serial Killer honors the book it's based on with a well-acted drama that leavens its gore and dark themes with wry humor.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (130) audience reviews
      Thirdi A had so much potential, still worth your time. Got corny in the 3rd act and just turned into a big eye roll and you want it to end. Up until that point its fun Rated 3 out of 5 stars 03/15/24 Full Review Jason A I think I randomly came across this one on youtube or something similar. I actually had to go out of my way to track it down to watch after. The effort was worth it as I enjoyed this film a great deal. This ended up going in a slightly different direction than I expected but it certainly wasn't a disappointing turn. Christoper Loyd is great here and Max Weaver who I was unfamiliar with gives an equally effective performance as a diagnosed sociopath doing his best to not give in to his darker urges. In this way I got a bit of a dexter vibe, complete with rules for the lead to follow etc. Not to worry however this is far from a Dexter copy cat. Overall I found it moody, thoughtful and engaging throughout. I'm not much in the way of a horror film but this is an example of the type of the genre that I enjoy. I was also happy to discover this was based on a book series by author Dan Wells. I enjoyed the movie enough that at least the start of the series is going into my TBR pile. Trailer did a good job selling me on this one without giving too much away. If you think you might be interested check out the trailer if you like what you see this is well worth the watch. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 03/12/24 Full Review Art W The movie was definitely worth watching. It was suspenseful without being overly gory and was also funny at times It was better the second time as I missed some important parts the first time. I'd definitely recommend it for any fan of horror. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 11/22/23 Full Review Jeffrey P Just an all around solid horror films about serial killers that the whole family can enjoy. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 11/11/23 Full Review Georgan G Discovered this initially by audio book. It was chilling despite being absurd. Seeing it as a film was fun. The gore in the book was toned down in the movie. One of my favorite supernatural tales. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 08/11/23 Full Review Emilliano Jr S The unexpected supernatural in the end was the biggest surprise. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 07/04/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

75% 87% K-Shop 92% 74% Bad Day for the Cut 40% 40% The Harrowing 14% 28% The Dark Below TRAILER for The Dark Below 78% 56% Mean Dreams TRAILER for Mean Dreams Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (57) Critics Reviews
      Nigel Andrews Financial Times I Am Not a Serial Killer is Dostoevsky in Minnesota. Spiritually if not literally. Rated: 4/5 Dec 27, 2016 Full Review Kate Muir Times (UK) Enjoyably gory and wry. Rated: 4/5 Dec 13, 2016 Full Review Mark Kermode Observer (UK) [Sinks] its storytelling teeth deep enough to draw blood, while still retaining the flesh-wound frivolity of cackling morbid fun. Rated: 4/5 Dec 11, 2016 Full Review Emilie Black Cinema Crazed The film is bloody while definitely teen friendly (to some). It's not overly scary but the story is engrossing and suspenseful, making it an enjoyable, entertaining film. Rated: 4.5/5 Apr 19, 2020 Full Review Katie Hogan VultureHound A brilliant film that is rightfully placed in the 'Cult' section of the festival as it is sure to have this status in years to come. Rated: 5/5 Feb 4, 2020 Full Review Andrew Todd Birth.Movies.Death. Provides a rare non-judgemental character portrait of sociopathy, engaging with it intelligently without ignoring its dangerous side. Sep 1, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis A troubled teen with homicidal tendencies has to hunt down and destroy a supernatural killer while suppressing his own inner demons.
      Director
      Billy O'Brien
      Executive Producer
      Avril Daly, Rory Gilmartin, Wayne Marc Godfrey, Robert Jones, Afolabi Kuti, John McDonnell, Billy O'Brien, Jan Pace, Ruairi Robinson
      Screenwriter
      Chris Hyde, Billy O'Brien
      Production Co
      Liquid Noise Films, Tea Shop & Film Company, Quickfire Films
      Genre
      Mystery & Thriller
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Streaming)
      Nov 23, 2016
      Most Popular at Home Now