Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

The Florida Project

R Released Oct 6, 2017 1 hr. 55 min. Drama TRAILER for The Florida Project: Trailer 1 List
      96% 317 Reviews Tomatometer 81% 10,000+ Ratings Audience Score Set in the shadow of the most magical place on Earth, 6-year-old Moonee and her two best friends forge their own adventures, while Moonee's struggling mom and a kindhearted motel manager protect the kids from the harsh reality that surrounds them. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Mar 12 Buy Now

Where to Watch

The Florida Project

Fandango at Home Netflix Prime Video Apple TV

Watch The Florida Project with a subscription on Netflix, rent on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

The Florida Project

What to Know

Critics Consensus

The Florida Project offers a colorfully empathetic look at an underrepresented part of the population that proves absorbing even as it raises sobering questions about modern America.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (984) audience reviews
      Dayana Nuñez Oficial Absolutely heart tugging performances! So real! Reminded me so much of when I grew up in Florida. So many moments in the movie touched me and brought back so many memories. Mothers who love their children and would do anything necessary to provide for and protect them. No mother wants to loose their children. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 04/01/24 Full Review Clínica C The movie is horrible, total waste of time, the message could be passed in a 15-minute short. Sometimes I believe that critics give a good grade for the simple fact of having deciphered the subliminal and hidden messages of the film, even if these messages are terrible, obvious and empty. Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 03/31/24 Full Review Sophia B Really good and Made me cry at the end. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 03/29/24 Full Review John A The movie felt so real, so honest. Whether the scenes of the children were all candid shots or the kids just darn good at acting, there were plenty of scenes where I felt genuine empathy, concern, and even sometimes fear for them. Equally present were scenes of seeing kids with little or nothing just enjoying being in the present with whatever is around them. The mom seemed irredeemable, but the movie didn't spend time judging her, rather presenting how she dealt with her situation, and I couldn't help but willfully ignore the inevitable and constantly wish things would change for the better. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 03/21/24 Full Review Dwayne The movie was really great . The filming and different pov's really made me feel warm . I am currently 17, so the nastalgia of childhood really hit. I only didn't like the ending , it was so confusing seeing how it switched from a film production to what felt like a phone camera and two kids going to Disney land . Just felt out of place when I felt like the ending could've been really good with the direction it was going. But the ending was only 5 minutes so compared to the rest of the movie it doesn't matter . 5 stars for me because I probably won't get this feeling again for awhile. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 03/17/24 Full Review Juno R I love how it focuses on how children view the world. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 03/05/24 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Critics Reviews

View All (317) Critics Reviews
      Ed Potton Times (UK) It’s superficially less bleak than Tangerine, rendered by Baker in tropical colours, but poverty lurks throughout. Jul 29, 2022 Full Review Christy Lemire What the Flick?! I knew form the first shot that I was watching a truly great movie... It's so real, it's so raw. Rated: 9.6/10 Sep 26, 2018 Full Review Kambole Campbell One Room With A View A work that combines boundless energy and childlike enthusiasm with dark social realism, Sean Baker's wildly inventive style of filmmaking has resulted in the gorgeous masterpiece that is The Florida Project. Rated: 5/5 Aug 25, 2018 Full Review Brian Eggert Deep Focus Review The charm, wrenching emotion, and compassion that Baker finds in his characters are enhanced by his unique touches of humor and unlikely optimism. Rated: 3.5/4 Mar 17, 2022 Full Review Cory Woodroof Curnblog The Florida Project is a rainbow in a rainstorm illuminating the nuances of life that consume us all, no matter where we live, how much money we make, what our social status is, how we choose to spend our time and who we spend it with. Feb 11, 2022 Full Review Jason Adams The Film Experience Baker clearly loves every single person he puts inside his camera and feeds off their nasty wise humor of the doomed... The Florida Project is deeply honest Jan 14, 2022 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis Set in the shadow of the most magical place on Earth, 6-year-old Moonee and her two best friends forge their own adventures, while Moonee's struggling mom and a kindhearted motel manager protect the kids from the harsh reality that surrounds them.
      Director
      Sean Baker
      Executive Producer
      Darren Dean, Elayne Schneiderman Schmidt
      Screenwriter
      Sean Baker, Chris Bergoch
      Distributor
      A24
      Production Co
      Cinereach, Cre Film, June Pictures, Freestyle Picture Company
      Rating
      R (Language Throughout|Disturbing Behavior|Sexual References|Some Drug Material)
      Genre
      Drama
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Theaters)
      Oct 6, 2017, Limited
      Release Date (Streaming)
      Jan 30, 2018
      Box Office (Gross USA)
      $5.8M
      Aspect Ratio
      Scope (2.35:1)