Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

BPM (Beats Per Minute)

Released Oct 20, 2017 2 hr. 23 min. Drama LGBTQ+ TRAILER for BPM (Beats Per Minute): Trailer 1 List
      99% 139 Reviews Tomatometer 84% 1,000+ Ratings Audience Score Nathan is a young man who joins an AIDS activist group in 1990s Paris. As he attends the weekly meetings, he learns that some members prefer a more radical approach to their protests. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Aug 25 Buy Now

Where to Watch

BPM (Beats Per Minute)

Fandango at Home Prime Video

Rent BPM (Beats Per Minute) on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video.

BPM (Beats Per Minute)

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Moving without resorting to melodrama, BPM offers an engrossing look at a pivotal period in history that lingers long after the closing credits roll.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (54) audience reviews
      Prof. Dr. Rzvan I Exceptional. The image of that times is vivid. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/22/23 Full Review Cenobita C Intenso, lindo, poético e, ao mesmo tempo, angustiante. É comovente acompanhar o drama de alguns personagens na história, o que me fez desencadear vários gatilhos. Nos anos 90 estava eu com 18 anos e passei por muitos episódios traumáticos com amigos e conhecidos que, no fim, terminavam em morte. Poucos conseguiram passar por esse inferno que marcou vidas. Esse filme é ao mesmo tempo, um drama quase como um documentário, tocante e muito informativo. Importante para agregar esse conteúdo á história da humanidade. Jovens da atual geração deveriam conhecer essa obra primorosa. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 12/19/22 Full Review isla s This is quite a good film. Its pretty thoughtful and I thought it did well at portraying things from the activist's point of view. It features some frank discussions (of a sexual nature) and I thought it was a fairly insightful film. I can't not note that it swings between the sad/grim and the joyous/celebratory side of things somewhat quickly, which may take people aback a bit perhaps. I liked some things such as the fact that members of the advocacy group are encouraged to click their fingers rather than clap, while people are giving speeches/presenting, to show their support, so said people don't have their voices drowned out. I liked seeing how the group protested in public and the reaction of the organisations/people targeted by them. Of course its a bit of a sobre watch, for obvious reasons but I thought that it dealt with the subject matter well. I liked that we got to see things from different peoples points of view. As a piece of social commentary, it's decent but it isn't a film I'd choose to watch again and it won't be for everyone, which goes without saying. Overall, however, yes, I would recommend this film. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 03/31/23 Full Review Audience Member A hard and harrowing watch. Highly important look into the struggle of the AIDS crisis. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 01/30/23 Full Review johann m 🇫🇷🏳️‍🌈 Un film français où les membres du groupe de lobbyistes Act Up-Paris demandent au gouvernement et aux entreprises pharmaceutiques d'agir pour lutter contre l'épidémie du sida au début des années 1990. An intelligent and visceral film which depicts many of the shockingly radical and political options of this movement at the time, but also a very moving story about the sadness of a love story that comes to an inevitable end. Even if its first act is quite political and full of activism discussions, the movie evolves into a more poignant drama that pulls at the heartstrings of viewers. Also beautifully acted! Rated 4 out of 5 stars 03/31/23 Full Review Tim G Moving and inspiring. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 11/21/20 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Critics Reviews

View All (139) Critics Reviews
      Paul Byrnes Sydney Morning Herald And yet BPM (meaning beats per minute) is a beautiful film, full of drama and humour, love and politics, argument and action. Rated: 4/5 May 18, 2018 Full Review David Stratton The Australian It doesn't try to be a comforting film, and it certainly isn't. It's strident, unwieldy and confronting. Rated: 3/5 May 18, 2018 Full Review Simran Hans Observer (UK) Rebotini's dissonant, humming, house-inflected score - and the metronome-like heartbeats that underscore the action - are reminders that, even on their deathbed, a person has a pulse. In its dying gasps, the film grasps at life. Rated: 5/5 Apr 8, 2018 Full Review Steve Cruz OUT FRONT Magazine (Denver) When the film jumps into the flurry and turmoil of a civil disobedience protest, it still comes down to the individuals whose stories the film is telling. It does so with gravity, humor, and affection. May 9, 2023 Full Review Brian T. Carney Washington Blade It’s proudly queer, deeply erotic even in the face of illness and mortality, passionately engaging and ultimately heart-breaking, stuffed to the brim with fervent debate... Dec 15, 2022 Full Review Michael Cuby them. The film is a powerful portrayal of government negligence and the anger that is too often our only resort for overcoming it. Oct 31, 2022 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis Nathan is a young man who joins an AIDS activist group in 1990s Paris. As he attends the weekly meetings, he learns that some members prefer a more radical approach to their protests.
      Director
      Robin Campillo
      Screenwriter
      Robin Campillo, Philippe Mangeot
      Distributor
      The Orchard
      Production Co
      Memento Films, Les Films de Pierre, Page 114, France 3 Cinéma, FD Production
      Genre
      Drama, LGBTQ+
      Original Language
      French (France)
      Release Date (Theaters)
      Oct 20, 2017, Limited
      Release Date (Streaming)
      Jan 23, 2018
      Box Office (Gross USA)
      $125.1K
      Aspect Ratio
      Digital 2.39:1