No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes
      TRAILER 0:42

I, Tonya

2017, Biography/Comedy, 2h 1m

387 Reviews 10,000+ Ratings

What to know

Critics Consensus

Led by strong work from Margot Robbie and Alison Janney, I, Tonya finds the humor in its real-life story without losing sight of its more tragic -- and emotionally resonant -- elements. Read critic reviews

You might also like

See More
      Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot
      The Wolf of Wall Street
      Vice
      The Sessions
      Dolemite Is My Name

Where to watch I, Tonya

Buy Rent/buy Subscription Rent/buy

Watch I, Tonya with a subscription on Max, rent on Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy on Prime Video, Vudu, Apple TV.

Rate And Review

User image

Verified

• User image

Super Reviewer

Rate this movie

Oof, that was Rotten.

Meh, it passed the time.

It’s good – I’d recommend it.

Awesome!

So Fresh: Absolute Must See!

What did you think of the movie? (optional)

• You're almost there! Just confirm how you got your ticket.

• User image

Super Reviewer

Step 2 of 2

How did you buy your ticket?

Let's get your review verified.

• Fandango

• AMCTheatres.com or AMC AppNew

• Cinemark Coming Soon

We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future.

• Regal Coming Soon

We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future.

• Theater box office or somewhere else

You're almost there! Just confirm how you got your ticket.

• User image

Super Reviewer

Rate this movie

Oof, that was Rotten.

Meh, it passed the time.

It’s good – I’d recommend it.

Awesome!

So Fresh: Absolute Must See!

What did you think of the movie? (optional)

• How did you buy your ticket?

• Fandango

• AMCTheatres.com or AMC AppNew

• Cinemark Coming Soon

• Regal Coming Soon

• Theater box office or somewhere else

I, Tonya  Photos

I, Tonya (2017) I, Tonya (2017) I, Tonya (2017) A scene from "I, Tonya." A scene from "I, Tonya." A scene from "I, Tonya." A scene from "I, Tonya." A scene from "I, Tonya." A scene from "I, Tonya." A scene from "I, Tonya." A scene from "I, Tonya."

Movie Info

In 1991, talented figure skater Tonya Harding becomes the first American woman to complete a triple axel during a competition. In 1994, her world comes crashing down when her ex-husband conspires to injure Nancy Kerrigan, a fellow Olympic hopeful, in a poorly conceived attack that forces the young woman to withdraw from the national championship. Harding's life and legacy instantly become tarnished as she's forever associated with one of the most infamous scandals in sports history.

• Rating: R (Some Sexual Content/Nudity|Pervasive Language|Violence)

• Genre: Biography, Comedy, Drama

• Original Language: English

• Director: Craig Gillespie

• Producer: Bryan Unkeless, Margot Robbie, Steven Rogers, Tom Ackerley

• Writer: Steven Rogers

• Release Date (Theaters):  wide

• Release Date (Streaming):

• Box Office (Gross USA): $30.0M

• Runtime:

• Distributor: Neon

• Production Co: IA Films

• Sound Mix: Dolby Atmos

• Aspect Ratio: Scope (2.35:1)

Cast & Crew

Margot Robbie
      Sebastian Stan
      Allison Janney
      Julianne Nicholson
      Paul Walter Hauser
      Bobby Cannavale
      Mckenna Grace
      Caitlin Carver
      Bojana Novakovic
      Lynne Ashe
      Steven Rogers
      Len Blavatnik
      Aviv Giladi
      Vince Holden
      Toby Hill
      Craig Gillespie
      Zanne Devine
      Rosanne Korenberg
      Peter Nashel
      Jade Healy
      Jennifer Johnson

News & Interviews for I, Tonya

Critic Reviews for I, Tonya

Audience Reviews for I, Tonya

• Jun 08, 2020

A clever interpretation of a bizarre event in skating history. It uses a comical narration breaking the third wall at times. Robbie shines and makes you care somewhat for a unlikable person whose upbringing never gave her a chance as an adult. Janney steals the show as her foul mouthed uncaring mother and Sebastian Stan is also good as her violent and out of control husband. The superior soundtrack also makes the movie watchable. It is worth watching for sure. 06-07-2020

Super Reviewer
      • Apr 30, 2020

Excellently directed picture by Craig Gillespie with sharp wit. Margot Robbie is one heck of an actor. But, I can't help but feel that she's miscast in the role of Tonya Harding. The troubled figure skater was layered in muscles and that physical presence was one of the reasons the snobs at the U.S. Figure Skating Association disliked her. Nonetheless, Robbie hits all the emotional points.

Super Reviewer
      • Jan 11, 2019

I'm not sure the movie wanted me to, but I for one wasn't on Tonya's side for a second. I wasn't on her horrible mother's or the asshole boyfriend's either, mind you. I just don't buy the "blame the public for always wanting a scandal to follow" attitude. It's pretty damn entertaining and full of great performances to follow dumb, egomaniac people making really stupid decisions for two hours. Almost made me feel like Fargo.

Super Reviewer
      • Jul 22, 2018

Based on a true story, I, Tonya is a remarkably compelling and tragic tale of ambition. The story follows the life of US figure skating champion Tonya Harding, from her beginnings as a young child in an abusive home to the scandal that ruined her career. Margot Robbie, Sebastian Stan, and Allison Janney all give excellent performances; especially Robbie, who has tremendous screen presence. And the script is incredibly well-written, with an unconventional narrative that constantly breaks the fourth wall. Additionally, the film has a subtle comedic wit and uses dark humor to lighten the tone. Also, the soundtrack does an amazing job at capturing the emotional resonance of the characters. A smart and well-crafted biopic, I, Tonya looks beyond the controversy and finds the humanity.

Super Reviewer

Movie & TV guides