Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Lady Macbeth

R Released Jul 14, 2017 1 hr. 29 min. History Drama TRAILER for Lady Macbeth: US Release Trailer 1 List
      88% 199 Reviews Tomatometer 71% 5,000+ Ratings Audience Score In rural England, 1865, a woman who is trapped in a loveless marriage to a much older man begins a passionate affair with a man her own age. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Jul 25 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Lady Macbeth

Fandango at Home Prime Video Apple TV

Rent Lady Macbeth on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

Lady Macbeth

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Lady Macbeth flashes some surprising toughness beneath its period exterior, bolstered by a mesmerizing -- and unforgiving -- central performance by Florence Pugh.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (158) audience reviews
      Jackie H This film was a brilliant exercise in character development and execution ... Well done! Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 02/18/24 Full Review Regina P I had been hearing about this film for some time. Glad to finally catch it. This was really interesting. I'm so confused here, because I want to call every single character except the maid the bad guy. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 02/14/24 Full Review E C Florence Pugh is so in possession of her characters. This movie was intense. I liked the slow, deep passion and obsession. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 02/04/24 Full Review Sivi K the movie about the consequences of sexual deprivation Rated 3 out of 5 stars 12/14/23 Full Review Lars N This thing had me picking up my jaw from the floor from time to time. The main character is such an interesting and frightening force. No wonder Florence Pugh was such an instant star. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 11/30/23 Full Review Rob A A period piece about basically a serial killer, dominated by the beautiful, uber-talented Florence Pugh. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 10/23/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

78% 48% The Beguiled TRAILER for The Beguiled 60% 53% Sunset TRAILER for Sunset 77% 87% Never Look Away TRAILER for Never Look Away 93% 73% The Retrieval 0% 52% Freedom Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (199) Critics Reviews
      Li Sian Goh Bitch Media At one hour and 30 minutes, every aspect of the film feels spare and graceful. Feb 27, 2021 Full Review Bob Mondello NPR [Florence] Pugh is mesmerizing. Aug 17, 2017 Full Review Sara Michelle Fetters MovieFreak.com Lady Macbeth strikes hard and digs deep. Rated: 3.5/4 Jul 28, 2017 Full Review Farah Cheded A Good Movie To Watch Lady Macbeth seems to begin as one thing — a gloomy period tale of oppression and feminist rebellion — but, on the strength of Pugh’s performance, pivots into an even bleaker subversion of that initial impression. Sep 23, 2023 Full Review Jason Shawhan Nashville Scene This film will not make you happy, but you will feel a lot of emotions. With this performance, then-20-year-old Pugh let the world know up front she was going to be running things. Sep 10, 2021 Full Review Cate Young Thirty, Flirty + Film Ackie plays the constant terror of being volleyed back and forth between sadistic white noblemen and women with terrifying calm. In truth, this is really her movie. Mar 19, 2021 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis In rural England, 1865, a woman who is trapped in a loveless marriage to a much older man begins a passionate affair with a man her own age.
      Director
      William Oldroyd
      Executive Producer
      Lizzie Francke, Christopher Granier-Deferre, Steve Jenkins, Christopher Moll, Jim Reeve
      Screenwriter
      Alice Birch
      Distributor
      Roadside Attractions
      Production Co
      BBC Films, British Film Institute
      Rating
      R (Some Disturbing Violence|Language|Strong Sexuality/Nudity)
      Genre
      History, Drama
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Theaters)
      Jul 14, 2017, Limited
      Release Date (Streaming)
      Sep 28, 2017
      Box Office (Gross USA)
      $1.1M
      Aspect Ratio
      Scope (2.35:1)