'Ain't IT Cool' 일명 친박찬욱파 사이트의 글

영화감상평

'Ain't IT Cool' 일명 친박찬욱파 사이트의 글

1 윤원식 0 6778 62

공동경비구역 JSA를

미국에서 리메이크 한다고?!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First it was OLDBOY, Now The Monkeys will remake Chan Wook Park's JOINT SECURITY AREA!
Harry here... This... I just don't understand. I don't really see how this translates to the U.S. - Mexico border. There simply isn't one iota of similarity between it and the North - South Korea border. I have to admit I'm morbidly curious to see how David Franzoni even VAGUELY makes the translation work... but have to just say right up front... I feel a remake can't be even a pimple on the ass of the original. here ya go...
Better sit down for this one I know I will........

처음엔 올드보이라더니, 이젠 Monkey가 박찬욱 감독의 JSA를 만들거라 한다.
근데 난 이게 도대체 어떤식으로 미국과 멕시코 판으로 옮겨질지 이해가 되질
않는다. 남북의 경계선과 약간의 비슷한점도 갖고 있지 않은데 말이다..
난 데이비드 피렌제가 애매하게라도 옮겨낼수 있을지가 궁금하다.
그냥 까놓고 얘기하면, 엉덩이에난 뾰루지만도 못할 것이다..

The Hollywoodreporter is reporting that David Franzoni, the guy that wrote the screenplay for Gladiator and King Arthur has obtained rights to "Joint Security Area". I couldn't read the whole article.

헐리우드 리포터는 글레디에이터와 킹아더의 시나리오작가 데이비드 프린체가 JSA의 권리를 획득했다고 이야기했다. 근데 난 그 기사를 도저히 읽을 수 조차 없었다..

At least Oldboy CAN be remade. How do you even remake JSA? The scenario is so deeply korean and unlike Oldboy there really aren't any universal themes to convey. What the hell could they make Joint Security Area into? A movie about how white people and black people should get along? Or Northerners and Southerners? Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans?

올드보이가 만들어질 수 있다고 하더라도 JSA를 어떻게 만든다는건지..
시나리오 자체가 한국인에게 맞춰져 있고, 올드보이와는 다르게, 보편적으로(다른나라에서 리메이크를 해도 문제없는) 쓰여질만한 주제를 담고 있지 않다.
어떻게 만든다는 건지 참, 흑인과 백은을 잘 지내야 된다고?, 남쪽 지역 사람들하고 북쪽 지역사람들은 잘 지내야 된다고, 스타트랙과 스타워즈 팬은 잘 지내야 된다고?

Normally this kind of ludicrous stuff would crack me up. So why am I so outraged? This isn't even about trying to remake a classic. This is a brilliant movie about South Koreans and North Koreans, how they are enemies and brothers at the same time. JSA is a study of this fascinating and heartbreaking korean dynamic. And as a Korean it offends me when some turd comes along thinking if he gets rid of all the cultural stuff and a all-caucasian cast he can remake it and make money.

이런 말도 안되는 것들이 나를 웃게 만들었다. 근데 내가 왜 화가 났냐고?
이건 클래식을 리메이크한다기 보다는 남한과 북한의 적대적이면서도 형제같음을 표현한 명작을 다시 만드는 거다.. JSA는 이런 가슴아픈 현실을 되새기게 한다. 내가 만약 한국인 이라면 전부 백인들로 구성된 촬영팀이 돈좀 벌어보겠다고 그 본래의 현실을 표현하지 않는다면, 모욕처럼 느낄 것이다.

my point is why remake the movie you'll definitley have to change so much that it won't even resemble the movie your supposedly remaking?
if you need assimilate a Park Chan Wook movie, take Sympathy for Mr.Vengeance.

내가 얘기하고자 함은, 왜 수많은걸 바꿔야 되는걸 알면서도 리메이크를 하려는 거냔 말이다. 정작 리메이크를 하고자 한다면 '복수는 나의 것'이 나을 것이다..

On a final note, whenever I watch the various evening news shows and they always go on about North Korea I always felt that the average American knews squat about North Korea except they are a psychotic nation with nuclear weapons. Which to be fair they are. But a movie like Joint Security Area would at least shows some context behind the Korean situation.

마지막으로, 뉴스를 볼때면 북한 얘기가 빠지는 걸 본적이 없다. 미국인들이 북한이 핵폭탄을 가진 미친국가로 생각하게 만든다. JSA는 이런 한국의 표면적에 가려진 뒷 사정을 이야기 해준다.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll end with a quote from a Variety quote from Kim Ki-Duk.
"I don't understand American remaking korean movies. If they like them so much why not just show them?"
Amen to that.

김기덕 감독의 한마디로 마치겠다.
'난 미국인들이 한국영화를 리메이크하는 것이 이해가 되질 않는다. 그렇게 좋아한다면 그냥 보여주지 그러냐?'
동감한다.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[참으로 놀랍네요, 미국인들도 이렇게 생각하는 사람들이 있다니..
 제가 미국에 살지만, 항상 미국인들에 대해서 우물안 개구리 같다고 생각해 왔습니다..
 영화도 항상 자기네 꺼만 보니,, 아시아꺼 수출해봐야 보통 다 리미티드라서,,
 미국꺼 보는사람들에 비하면 쨉도 안되죠..
 아시아 영화라고 해봐야 맨날 리메이크하고,, 원판을 전미에서 개봉한거는 이연걸의 '영 
 웅'이랑, 주성치의 '쿵푸허슬' 밖에 기억이 안나네요..
 돈때문에 그러는지,, 헐리우두 쇄리들.. 아시아 갑부들이 움직여줘도 괜찮을듯..
 어쩌면 제 생각도 그 수많은 아시아인들에 대한 스테레오 타입 같은 거였는지도..]

-미흡한 해석이었습니다..^^;; 읽어주신것 감사 -

CITED

"First it was OLDBOY, Now The Monkeys will remake Chan Wook Park's
                                    JOINT SECURITY AREA!" AIN'T IT COOL.COM
                                    <http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=20220
[이 게시물은 再會님에 의해 2009-08-23 02:12:43 특집에서 이동 됨]
[이 게시물은 再會님에 의해 2011-07-11 05:43:54 씨네리뷰에서 이동 됨]
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand 신고

0 Comments